I think it would include the following:
- Spending time doing what they want to do – more time following interests/passion
- More time outside the classroom than inside – more workplace visits and internships
- Less time listening to the teacher – and more individual projects
- Teacher/adult knows me and is interested – more time spent in small groups and one teacher
- Not doing subjects I don’t like or aren’t relevant – instead individual learning plans that are personalised
- More work experience – 2 days a week (all year for 4 years from Year 9) doing shadow days and internships
- Explore university or higher education before year 12 – doing university units or certificate courses in early years
- Get an edge to get a job – spend time in workplaces and demonstrate skills and work (portfolio)
- Less tests and exams – assessed by demonstrating my work and skills by exhibitions
- Sounds too good to be true?
Coming soon in Shepparton, Unreal! Learning for students who learn differently.
Contact me for more info: email@example.com