My Big Picture PreCAL class at GOTAFE Shepparton is now advertising and looking for students.
PreCAL is a term to signify a preliminary course to re-engage students before they attempt VCAL (Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning).
A flyer has been completed. Letter written. Expression of interest form finalised. All compiled in a pdf document and now sent out to schools, youth organisations and employment agencies. And an article to go into the local newspaper.
I am now inviting interest from youth who have left school or on the verge of leaving. Young people who are 15-20 years of age and still would like to learn or need extra learning to apply for a job or get into a course.
What sorts of young people am I looking for. Here are some considerations:
- Keen to learn, just did not fit into the education system
- Have a passion or interests
- They have been part of clubs or had part time work
- Willing to have a go and not just there to fulfil Centrelink obligations
- Balance of boys and girls
- Range of cultures
- Range of academic ability